Education & business translations
- cookbook copy
- course descriptions for bilingual secondary school in Spain
- game instructions for children to deal with emotions, relationships and COVID-19
- lesson plans for early years, including classroom and game instructions, to learn about diversity
- international NGO meeting minutes
- HR manual for staff’s mental health management
|Companies||Course providers, Researchers||Publishers|
|– company newsletters and reports|
– market research questionnaires and reports
– marketing copy: flyers, web copy, blog entries, promotional adds
– PowerPoints and other conference materials for trade events
– staff training manuals
– meeting minutes
|– research papers|
– conference materials
– course descriptions
– e-learning or other teaching and learning materials
|– book translation|
– book proposal translation
– marketing materials translation
Are you an author, an editor or a publisher looking for a Spanish translator who will make it a mission to faithfully represent your (author’s) voice and style while using the appropriate format or content adaptations to serve your new audience?
- Translated 6000 words of an American cookbook. Researched for 6 months, and discussed in a 9,000 word essay, the translation of mixed-genre cookbooks, from how to deal with culture-specific items and genre conventions to the author’s voice, this being my focal point. (MA dissertation)
- Discussed the translation of whimsical language in Roald Dahl’s books for children, which had been neutralised in the existing translations in Galician language, and offered my own solutions (BA dissertation).
The translation is excellent needing some minor proofreading. The section on how to translate a hybrid text is well-researched and covers a lot of ground. A very thorough approach to pragmatic research was demonstrated through consultation of parallel texts and TV shows.
(cookbook translation, dissertation, distinction)
Do you need to translate your academic certificates from Spanish to English for use in the UK? I completed a legal translation unit in both my BA and MA and have lived and worked in the academic sector in the UK for 20 years. I can help.
Do you need to translate your academic certificates from English to Spanish for Spain? Have you been asked for a sworn translation? I can refer you to a sworn translator. I am a sworn translator myself for French>Spanish.
Why work with me?
- MA Translation (Distinction)
- Post-graduate certificate in post-compulsory education and training, plus CAP and QTS (secondary teaching qualifications)
- Twenty years as an educator
- An acute awareness of readers’ and learner’s needs
- Recent experience as a learner in language classes, business training and academic courses as well as an attendee of multiple conferences, meaning I know what works and what doesn’t when presenting a topic