English to Spanish and French to Spanish translator
Need a top-notch English to Spanish or French to Spanish translator? Look no further! Pilirodriguezdeus.com is the trading name of Pili Rodríguez Deus, based in Southampton (UK) and offering high quality translation services to the marketing and publishing industries.
Galician is my second mother tongue, so do enquire if you need a mediator with Galician businesses.
In my free time you’ll find me growing and photographing flowers, baking and photographing food, or going for nature walks, woods being a particular favourite.
- 180-hour specialist culinary translation course (2019)
- MA Translation Studies: English to Spanish (2018, Distinction), distinction also in journalistic, medical, and technical translation
- MA dissertation in cookbook translation (Distinction)
- BA Hons in Translation and Interpreting: French to Spanish (2000, First) with units in Galician language and translation into Galician.
- 20 years teaching Spanish language and culture
- Chartered member of CIOL
- Career affiliate member of ITI
Member of the ITI:
- Spanish network | French network | Food & Drink network | SHEA network | Wessex network | MAT network
- SDL Trados and MemoQ licences
- Memsource user
- ICO registered & professional liability insured
As a professional translator, continuous learning is not only a requirement but also a pleasure. Below are the highlights from this year.
Webinars and workshops
- Multilingual SEO for translators, by ITI
- The mistakes translators make with verbs, by ITI French Network
- False friends, difficult translations, by ITI Spanish Network
- Trados terminology, by Trados
- Tesoros ocultos de MemoQ, by MemoQ
Pro bono translation is a brilliant way to lend a helping hand and your expertise to organisations who strive to assist those in need with only limited resources. I have collaborated as a translator and reviser with Translators Without Borders and Banana Link.