English and French to Spanish translator
Need a top-notch English to Spanish or French to Spanish translator? Look no further! Pilirodriguezdeus.com is the trading name of Pili Rodríguez Deus, based in Southampton (UK) and offering high quality translation services to the marketing and publishing industries.
Galician is my second mother tongue, so do enquire if you need a mediator with Galician businesses.
In my free time you’ll find me growing and photographing flowers, baking and photographing food, or going for nature walks, woods being a particular favourite.
- 180-hour specialist culinary translation course (2019)
- MA Translation Studies, English to Spanish, Distinction (2018)
- MA dissertation in cookbook translation (Distinction) plus units in journalistic, medical, legal and technical translation
- BA Hons Translation and Interpreting, French to Spanish, First (2000), plus units in Galician language and translation into Galician
- 20 years teaching Spanish language and culture in between
- Chartered member of CIOL as an English translator and career affiliate as a French translator
- Career affiliate member of ITI and its Spanish, French, MAT (Media, Arts and Tourism), Food & Drink, and Wessex networks
- SDL Trados and MemoQ certified
- ICO registered
- Professional liability insurance
As a professional translator, continuous learning is not only a requirement but also a pleasure. Below are the highlights from this year.
- The future of wine
- Eating the gap
- Encuentro de los mares
- Dublin Gastronomy Symposium
- Gastronomika Live
Webinars and workshops
- Multilingual SEO for translators
- The mistakes translators make with verbs
- False friends, difficult translations
- Trados terminology
- Tesoros ocultos de MemoQ
Pro bono translation is a brilliant way to lend a helping hand and your expertise to organisations who strive to assist those in need with only limited resources. I’m a proud verified translator and reviser for Translators Without Borders and a volunteer translator for Banana Link.