between English and Spanish or English and Galician
for food and tourism events and other private meetings
Your Spanish documents, spotless
Why work with me?
To stand out
“If I told you that this is possibly the best translation I have received for this exercise, I would not be lying. I love how you have solved the cultural gaps, how naturally you’ve added clarification and advice; the terminology; the tone; and how you’ve renamed the paragraph titles so they make more sense -everything!” (Rosa, tutor at Trágora Formación)
To have a true professional in your team
A partner bound by professional codes of conduct, who translates only into their mother tongue and only in fields for which they’re qualified. A member of the…
ITI Spanish network
ITI French network
ITI Food & Drink network
ITI MAT network
A partner who seeks and undertakes industry training and continues to specialise to provide the best quality Spanish translation service:
- Forty-hour SEO translation course (2021)
- Fifty-hour wine translation course (2021)
- A hundred and eighty-hour culinary translation course (2019)
- Masters degree in specialised English to Spanish translation (legal, medical, technical and journalistic translation units, 2018) awarded with distinction, with a dissertation in cookbook translation
- Post-graduate certificate in post-compulsory education and training (2005) and 20 years Spanish teaching experience
- First class degree (BA) in French to Spanish translation and interpreting (2000), with a dissertation in children’s literature translation
Certificates, portfolio and references available upon request.
To have a partner with the right priorities
Because shortcuts cost more in the long run. Because shortcuts can cost customers and waste work, having to redo your translations and pay twice.
- To swiftly discuss and solve issues.
- PiliRodriguezDeus.com will help you provide clear, inclusive copy, backed up by twenty years working with people of all ages and backgrounds, considering individual reading, learning and cultural needs.
- If you work hard to make your business succeed and have spent years learning your trade and developing your business, you will know the difference in cost and time between a cheap and a signature bottle of wine. I concentrate on quality, because there’s a lot more enjoyment involved. And if quality is what you’re after, we can talk!
Quality and creativity at the forefront
- PiliRodriguezDeus.com will never trade quality and creativity for fast, yet stilted, post-edited machine translation. Good things come to those who wait to get the best quality content for their business.
New to translation?
Professional translation involves a highly complex cocktail of informed decisions, something an untrained translator cannot offer.
Professional translators base those decisions on a range of factors, not limited to:
They translate meaning in context: messages, not individual words or sentences, including their hidden nuances. They decide the level of specialisation and formality; the best text format/word order/sentence order/paragraph order/punctuation; the target idioms that best match yours; whether to translate your jokes, adapt or omit them. In conclusion, not something any translation engine nor aficionado can do.
Translators who specialise in your field bring added value. They know your business and your clients better: the buzzwords you use, the marketing trends in your niche and so on. They make less mistakes, because they know what they are doing, which saves you money.