English and French into Spanish
Need to translate your recipes into Spanish?
Are you a food blogger, recipe developer or chef? Do you want to translate some recipes for your website or blog or, perhaps, license or sell some of your recipes to an international food magazine, a renowned food blog or an appliance manufacturer? I have good news, I can help. Recipe translation is not a piece of cake, but you’ll be in good hands. I’ll take into account:
your new readers’ cultural differences
- the format in which to present the recipe, which varies across countries
- measurement conversions, say imperial to metric
- oven temperature conversions, say fan (convection) to conventional
- ingredients and utensils that might not exist or might be difficult to source in Spanish-speaking countries
- cooking methods that are specific to your cuisine
your new readers’ individual needs
- the clarity of instructions
- prior cultural and culinary knowledge
- regional vocabulary for ingredients
- regional vocabulary for meat cuts, and the cuts themselves
your very unique style
- your personal voice, because recipes alone don’t sell so well
With the combo of a creative translator, trained culinary translator, experienced teacher and cookbook addict who will put your recipes to the test, you’ll be able to sit back and relax waiting for your recipe to gain a new life and win many hearts over in Spanish. We’ll discuss some alterations and doubts along the way, because it’s a joint work, and your recipe.
Let’s make your recipes work for a Spanish audience!
Measurement conversionsYou’ve nailed the conversions. Congratulations!
Recipe translationThe translation of recipes is obviously your thing. Great precision, and I love how you have solved the cultural gaps, naturally added clarification and advice and how you’ve renamed the sections so they’re easier to understand, the terminology, the tone, everything.
(Rosa, culinary translation tutor for both)